6061-T6 aluminum hub shell with 3 high-quality sealed bearings (2 on the non-drive side) and the spring/pawl system built into the hub shell instead of the driver. 17mm 4130 chromoly female axle and 12mm chromoly bolts with a 14mm step where they sit in the frame dropouts. Ratchet mechanism is machined into the 1-piece chromoly driver for maximum strength. Driver uses a low-resistance Igus bushing instead of bearings. RHD//LHD switchable. 36 hole.
Weight: 16.85 oz
- Two sets of bolts are included. One set for pegless use and one with a longer step to accommodate plastic pegs.
- The bolts are 12mm in diameter instead of 14mm as with most brands. When using a traditional 14mm bolt, the female axle needs to be much thinner on the inside to accept the larger bolt, causing the axle to be weaker and snap more frequently. By using a 12mm bolt, the axle gains an extra 2mm of thickness and becomes nearly unbreakable. Hence the 12mm bolts with 14mm step to fit in the dropouts.
- The extra bearing in the non-drive side of the hub shell allows the hub to roll much smoother for much longer.
- The driver bushing is a German-made Igus bushing that offers far less resistance and more durability that most other bushings. The bushing eliminates the need for driver bearings allowing the 17mm axle to be used all the way through the driver for maximum strength. Most other axles are required to step down to a smaller diameter to fit through the bearing. This makes the hub incredibly strong and more ideal for peg use.
- The Q-Lite Switch Drive System uses pawls and springs inside the hub body instead of in the driver. This allows for double the amount of pawls and springs, which limits the stress on each pawl and spring, making the hub more reliable. This setup also allows you to switch the drive side of the hub very easily.